We built Shalimar with Groups in Mind
In addition to complementary Wi-Fi internet access throughout the entire campus, Shalimar has a number of amenities for Christian retreats and youth camps that are ideal for group activities, and the event leaders:
- 5 Large dorm-style quarters with air conditioning
- 700 person auditorium and 15 breakout rooms
- Semi-Private Beach
- Pools, Volleyball Courts & Basketball Court
- Tiki Hut Snack Shack
Your Stay includes
- Dorms – Our living spaces promote interaction between the guests attending. Each room has up to 15 beds, their own bathrooms and showers, heating and air conditioning. Shalimar can hold up to 600 guests! More about our dorms here…
- Semi-Private Beach – Shalimar has the only semi-private beach in the area and it is available for event use. The beautiful Panama City Beach white sand stretches for 110 yards and is ideal for picnics, games and more.
- Open, grassy areas – There are a number of large grassy areas that are nearby to each other, but not contiguous, that can be utilized for events. Ranging from large to small spaces, you can choose to use one, several or all of the available areas.
- Guest Services Director – Shalimar’s professional guest services director is experienced in helping event planners take the best advantage of the available facilities offered throughout the campus. They have worked with group leaders from across the country and are here to work with you!
- Tiki Hut Snack Shack – Everything the active guest could want from sunscreen, to towels, flip-flops, cold drinks, snacks and more Tiki Hut info…
Premium Amenities Available Include
- Food Service – When you serve up to 2,100 meals a day, you need a lot of experience to get it right everytime. More about our Food Service…
- Ropes Course – Take the experience to the next level with a character building Ropes Course which includes 8 different challenges. Learn more about our Ropes Course here
- Recreational Areas – Everything the active group could want is what you’ll find at Shalimar! More about recreational areas.
- Breakout Rooms – Up to 15 breakout rooms can be added to your stay or event. Great to create focused conversations with your group.
- On site cottages – There are two comfortable cottages on property that can easily accommodate up to 20 people. These hospitality areas are perfect for event leaders to set up a working area and also provide a pleasant space for overnight stays should the event leaders want to arrive in advance of the group for set up, or stay to oversee any tear down.
- Auditorium – Our 4,700 square foot auditorium provides seating up to 700 people. Learn more about our auditorium here